Saturday, April 26, 2008

In Tribute to William Poesch, from Jack and Wilma

Continuing the cards and letters sent following my Dad's death, April 7th, 2006:

Dear Sylvia,

We were shocked and saddened to get your letter about Bill and yet not surprised. We know where he's at and what a comfort it is to you, and us too, to know we'll see him again.

We have said several times how thankful we are to have met the two of you and spend some time with you, even though it was never long enough. Our sympathy, love and hugs go out to you and your boys and their families. I'm sending you a check in memory of Bill and you may decided where you want it to go. And we would like a copy of his memoirs whenever you have the time to send it.

From the first time we met you we felt like we had known you for years. And every time we look at the picture he painted for us, I will remember what a terrific person he was.

We are doing okay. I'm having a heart catherization[sic] in a couple of weeks.. I had one a little over a year ago, and they seemed to think I need another one. As of now we are tentatively planning on coming to Virginia some time in July.

We just became great grandparents. Our oldest daughter has a step-son and he and his wife had a baby girl April 19th. We haven't seen her yet (just pictures) but will [visiting them] the 14th, and will see her then.

We still haven't sold our house. Have had several lookers. So many people told us from the beginning "oh, you won't have any trouble selling it" and I believed them, but it hasn't happened, and I'm getting impatient. But the Good Lord knows and hopefully one of these days the right people will come along.

May God give you comfort during this sad time. And may your memories of a wonderful husband be a help during the lonely times.

We love you,
Wilma

"We're remember you in prayer and trusting you'll know the special love and comfort that only God can give.

With Deepest Concern And Sympathy"
and Love
Jack and Wilma

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."
PSALM 23:6 KJV

No comments: